Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Lead scare

Yesterday morning, I received a call from the lab saying I was to schedule an appointment with Levi's doctor ASAP due to toxic levels of lead found in his blood. Talk about scare me to death! Jon met me at the doctor's office where we found out next to nothing from the doctor. She said to come back in 3 months to get tested again. And that was the end of her advice. Jon and I did some searching on the internet (and Dad called a doctor friend who confirmed it all) and finally understood more of what was going on. We are stopping the boys from drinking any water from the faucets and arranging to have some testing done on the house. Until they find out the source, we're just doing what we can to minimize exposure to things we suspect might contain the lead. Please pray for our child in the womb. I don't have an appointment with my doctor for another 3 weeks and am a bit anxious as to what affects the lead might have on my pregnancy.
On the brighter side, our offer on the house was accepted. This may mean we're getting the kids out of this unhealthy environment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home